“With so much else going on in the Middle East, why always Palestine?”
- The government takes action against human rights abuses in other countries, but not in Israel. That’s why we focus on it.
- We go on about injustice in Palestine because injustice in Palestine goes on and indeed is getting worse.
- Just because there are human rights abuses in other countries does not excuse or belittle human rights abuses in Israel
- Israel claims to be a liberal democracy which makes its treatment of Palestinians all the more reprehensible
- Palestine is the poison in the well of international relations. It creates a sense of injustice and double standards that infects the whole of the Middle East and the Muslim world.
- Granting impunity to Israel undermines international law
- Other countries have poverty but in Palestine is it created deliberately
This briefing has been produced by Martin Linton, Sally Fitzharris and Taris Ahmad. For further questions please contact:
Martin Linton, email@example.com
Sally Fitzharris, firstname.lastname@example.org
Taris Ahmad, email@example.com
Map of West Bank settlement
Trajectory of the Wall