- The starting point for talks must be 67 borders, not “facts on ground” built in breach of international law.
- You can’t move goalposts in mid-football match so why allow Israel to build settlements in mid-talks?
- It’s inherent in idea of negotiations that you can’t change parameters mid-talks.
- Isn’t Israel just building its own preconditions in bricks & mortar and calling them settlements?
- Palestinians already dropped their claim to 78% of mandate Palestine in 1988. Surely you can’t expect them to give up more?
- Why is it seen as a “precondition” to insist Israel stops building settlements? It’s the law.
- Israel must observe existing agreements not to build settlements before new talks can start?
- The Kerry-Blair plan will not work if Israelis keep building settlements. Will US have the guts this time to exert real pressure on Netanyahu?
- Talks without a settlement freeze are a trap set by Israel so it can win by delay.